Betolar’s solution turns different side streams from the energy, mining, steel and forestry industry into low carbon, cement-free construction materials. These materials perform the same as concrete in terms of qualities such as strength but leave a carbon footprint that is up to 80 per cent smaller.
Betolar also enables a way to utilize the rapidly growing waste sites and accelerates the transition towards sustainable construction and a circular economy.
of reused materials in our products
less CO2 emissions compared to conventional concrete
Raw material from waste streams
Betolar utilizes a variety of industrial waste streams, such as:
- Tailings such as red mud
- Green liquor dregs
- Ground-granulated blast-furnace slag
Production of geopolymers
End products are made using Betolar’s unique recipe management system and supported by advanced analytics to maintain high-quality control.
- No cement needed
- Easily customizable for different needs
- Production can be done on-site
- Logistic costs are minimized as the production can happen near the waste site
We have solutions for a wide range of application areas, such as:
- Ground engineering
- Outdoor landscaping supplies (paving, stones, masonry)
- Buildings materials (alternative for cement-based concrete)
The construction industry is among the most polluting sectors, creating over 20% of the global CO2 emissions*.
The energy used in the industry comes mostly from burning fossil fuels* and the industry relies heavily on virgin raw materials. A shortage of these natural resources in many emerging markets has led to long-distance haulage, increasing the environmental burden even further.
Another major problem in the construction industry is the cement used in concrete
- In 2015, cement production generated ~2.8bn tonnes of CO2, equivalent to 8% of the global total – more than any country other than China or the US*.
- While there is an urgent need to decrease the CO2 emissions worldwide, the use of cement will continue to increase as the buildings sector floor area is estimated to double by 2060*. To put this into perspective, we are building the equivalent of an entire New York City every month for the next 40 years*.
Decrease the environmental burden of your operations
Reduce your waste disposal fees
Minimize the safety and health risks related to hazardous waste materials
Find an environmentally friendly, CO2 neutral construction material
Decrease your material costs while growing your business in the green building market
Increase your company’s reputation as a forerunner in circular economy